Simple mode toolbar
1. File management and simulator control:
- Simulation Projects Window / First Steps
- Start the simulation
- Stop the simulation
2. Virtual Tools:
- Manage robot attachments
- See the scoreboard
- EV3 Virtual Brick
3. Maximizing Windows
- Maximizes the EV3 programming environment
- Maximizes the learning environment
- Maximizes the Virtual Robotics Toolkit simulation window
4. Other opinions
- Opens the three-window interface (simulation window, learning environment, and EV3 programming environment)
- Opens the two-window interface (simulation window and EV3 programming environment)
- Close the program
Advanced mode toolbar
1. File management:
Start a new project
Open a recent project
Save your project
2. Undo/Redo Stack:
Allows you to undo or redo an action
3. Simulator control:
- Start the simulation.
- Advance the simulation in one step
- Stops the simulation.
4. Previous/next status check:
- Return to the previous state
- Advance to the last saved state
Note: When you start a simulation and then click Pause, the software remembers where your robot was located when you clicked Pause. Each time you click Pause after moving your robot, a new state is created.
5. Manipulation tools:
Truck Camera - allows you to adjust the position of the main camera at a fixed distance
Move Object - the primary tool used to select objects in the model field, allowing the user to change the position of the model along the x, y, z axes
Rotate Object - used to change the rotation of a selected object along the x, y, z axes
Find Object - can be used to locate an object that was selected in the Objects window. See the page "Finding Objects" to learn more.
6. Robot Tools:
Import Wizard - allows the user to import an LDraw (.ldr) formatted robot into the model space. Learn how to import robots here.
Manage Attachments - allows the user to add or remove selected robot attachments. If no robot is selected, this button is disabled.
Real-Time Data - allows the user to see the current readings from the robots' attached motors and sensors. Learn more about it here.
Scoreboard - opens the scoreboard
Object List - lists the objects in the model field
Object Library - a collection of 3D models that can be added to the model space
Object Properties - set the physical properties of a selected object.
- Measurement Utility/Markers - allow the user to measure the distance and angle between two points on the mat. Click here to read more.
- Opens the EV3 Virtual Brick display
- Maximizes the EV3 Programming Environment
- The mission manager: in WRO mats, allows the user to randomize objects; on FLL mats, it allows the user to remove unwanted mission models that are loaded by default. Click here to get more information.
Note: Not all levels are compatible with Mission Manager. Only the WRO 2017, WRO 2018, FLL 2017 and FLL 2018 mats allow the use of this tool.