1. Open the EV3 programming environment and create a new program called MoveEV3. This simple EV3 program will do nothing but use a single MOVE STEERING block to propel the robot forward one rotation.
Example EV3 Program Using a Move Block
2. In the simulator, click on the View menu and select "EV3" to access Intelligent Brick.
Opening the EV3 Intelligent Digital Brick
Program running on digital EV3 block
Turn on the EV3 digital block by pressing the middle button.
3. In the LEGO EV3 programming environment, note that now on the wifi connections tab , our digital block is displayed. Click the download button to download our program to the simulator.
Connecting to EV3 simulator
4. In the simulation, digital Intelligent Brick should now have our EV3 program loaded. We can see it by visiting the Bricks File Browsing tab.
Loading a program into EV3 block
5. Press the Play button to start the simulator, and then press the middle button on the EV3 block to run our program.
Starting the simulator, and then run the program out of brick digital EV3
6. The robot must advance one rotation.
7. When you are finished working with the project, disconnect the block from the EV3 programming environment .
Disconnecting the EV3 Programming Environment Simulator