Stream The Cogcast, Hosted by Cogmation Robotics
• Spotify – https://open.spotify.com/show/7zENng9EbZeywtpAKBas4s?si=QLVoCtMJSjeaRBmBEmZWSQ
• Apple Podcasts – https://podcasts.apple.com/podcast/id1549950901
• Stitcher – https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-cogcast
Marwa Soudi is an engineer, entrepreneur, teacher, and self-proclaimed tinkerer who claims she never uses a manual to build furniture. Marwa has a B.Sc. in Electronics and Electrical Engineering, as well as a M.Sc. in High Power Lasers and Meta-material devices from Alexandria University. She has also earned her Masters in Educational Technology from the University of Tartu. She co-founded the STEM-centric company, Ideasgym, in 2011, an organization which enriches the educational journeys of children in Egypt through project-based curricula. Marwa is decorated with a lengthy list of awards, including but not limited to:
• Winning first place in the MSMEs category for her Ideasgym work in the Women in ICT Awards • Being a finalist in Miss Digital Africa 2019
• Being selected as a Tony Elemelu Foundation Entrepreneur in 2018
• She has been a World Robot Olympiad National Organizer
• She has been a former speaker at the 2012 Global Education Forum in Dubai
In addition to all of these accomplishments, Marwa is also a co-founder of the IEEE Egypt Women in Engineering affinity group, a former IEEE RAS Juniors chair, and was a DigiGirlz robotics workshops leader for Microsoft Egypt from 2014 to 2019. As we speak, her and her team are working hard to develop a new e-learning environment based on constructionist principles.
Get in Contact!
Follow Marwa and IdeasGym via the links below!
Marwa’s LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/marwasoudi
IdeasGym website – https://ideasgym.com
IdeasGym on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/ideasgym/
IdeasGym on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/ideasgymegypt/
IdeasGym on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/IdeasGym
IdeasGym on Twitter – https://twitter.com/IdeasGym
3:00 – Her work with IdeasGym & Tools, teaching during a pandemic
8:51 – On troubleshooting and how to cultivate it as a skill
14:40 – Failure’s Role in the Learning Process
22:25 – What She Learns from her Students
31:02 – Building a Healthy Relationship with Technology
39:00 – Mental Wellbeing, Combating Burnout, Splitting Focus, Mission as a Teacher
42:25 – How the Transmission Model Fails and What we Should Do Instead
44:15 – Avoiding the Jargon Trap, Communicating Effectively with Students and Colleagues
50:58 – What she Learned from her Teachers and Why We Should Teach Differently
59:37 – Where Technology Is Going and How the World Will Have to Adapt
1:06:45 – Message to Everyone Sound effects from https://www.zapsplat.com.